Friday 15 April 2011

Analysis Of Storyboard

I planned my storyboard over 13 slides. I wrote down the shots and sound used within each slide. I got different shots and editing ideas from watching t.v dramas/thrillers such as Being Human. I also spent time watching the online version created for a  younger audience, "Becoming Human". This was where I got most of my shot ideas. The use of slow motion, and walking into the camera were just two of the ideas I thought were good, so decided to include them in my storyboard.

I watched several YouTube video trailers of thrillers to get sounding ideas. Originally I was going to use dialogue in my film, but from doing research I thought that this would ruin the tension I was trying to build. I then decided that echoing the voices, and putting scary music over the top would have the same effect whilst including the dialogue I originally wanted. I got this idea from watching The Pillow Man - Little Jesus on YouTube.
I wanted to give the audience a sense of the character's fright, so thought that including a point of view shot of her feet slowly getting faster, would help create this. I also think that including scenes of the killer burning pictures of the girl, will give the audience a sense of his hatred for her, creating tension. I thought that having a shot of her looking through the window during her journey back to the house would create tension, as because its switching shots to the killer, the audience know what is coming, where as she isn't expecting anything to happen. I decided to put scary music over the shots of her, and a high pitch noise when ever the camera switches to the killer, so the audience associate him with bad, and unhuman.

An establishing shot of the scene she will be walking through, was decided as the scene is filmed in an isolated location, where nobody will be. This will give a sense of her being alone and therefore create more tension and therefore the audience will be aware that the girl is on her own, and that there will be nobody to save her. The shot of her walking up the stairs will make the audience scared, as they know what is coming, and will be wanting to make her aware of this, but there is nothing they can do. Whilst she is being killed, there is only a shot of the bedroom door, with the sound of the girl screaming. I thought that leaving the killing a mystery will make the audience fear the killer more, as they are unaware of his actions until the end of the sequence. The ending shot of the ipod on the floor, relates to the first shot of her when she first walks out the door and puts her ipod in. I think this will create tension for the audience as the ipod is one thing that's related to everyday life, and most people own an ipod, so it could relate to, or happen to them (an everyday experience).

No comments:

Post a Comment